Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 RTM BSOD

xsever

Hello everyone,

I am still practically new to this forum, but I would like to congratulate you on adopting 7 that fast.

I have been using 7 since beta and now I am with RTM (technet).

I have been getting BSODs randomly and the only thing I can think of is how I customized my AMD Cool n Quiet power states. I undervolted some states so that I optimize the thermal aspect but the PC switches between the 4 states with no problem. I thought I'd mention this since it might help. The BSOD occurs randomly without any noticeable pattern.

Below are Blue Screen View screenshots and my system specs.

I would really appreciate your help in narrowing down the cause of the BSOD.

Thank you in advance.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hello reghakr.

Thank you for replying.

The screenshots posted are from the software you recommended. Could you take a look and narrow things down maybe?

Thanks,

I can tell you that the hal.dll is one of the most important files on the OS. It's the Hardware Abstraction layer

Do you get an error message about hal.dll?

Ntoskrnl.exel.exe is also a very important file

Was this a "clean" install or an upgrade?

Could you please fill out your complete computer specs in th UserCP link located at the top left of the page.
This can be very helpful for us.

Look in Device Manager for any entry that has a yellow flag next to it.

This was a clean install.

My computer specs are in my signature. I can see them so should you. I will put them where you mentioned anyway.

In device manager, there are two unknown devices. One is for my USB hub, and the other one is unknown. I try to update their drivers but I get a message right away saying it could not find any updates.

In addition, I have unlocked the 4th core on my processor. I tested it with Prime 95 and everything was stable.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

Try going to Control panel > Device Manager, right-click on the two entries and choose remove or uninstall.

Now reboot your computer and see if Windows now recognizes them and insatlls the devices.

I uninstalled both of them and rebooted.

Windows did not try to reinstall them, but the HUB still works fine. Now, in Device Manager, there is only one unknown entry.

What's next? Or should I wait and see if I will get a BSOD?

Thanks,

The device is located under "Other devices".

I installed the program you suggested, but when I try to run it, I get an error saying "Priviliged instruction" I googled that error and found nothing. Any recommendations/tips?

Thanks,

I get the same unknown USB device I just disable it if I delete it W7 just puts it back in on a re-boot, I do not know what it is all my USB devices are working, I suspect it may have something to do with APC power chute as sometimes I get the message for me to check my connection to this item on boot up but that connection is always working fine just a little slow on initialization on a re-start. I will see if this happens when I install final version of W7 in a couple of weeks

I disabled the "Unknown Device" in Device Manager. I'll keep you guys posted should I get a BSOD anytime.

Thanks,

Back