Windows 7 windows 7

ruth29

I do not wish to have windows messenger keep popping up is there anyway I can delete it from my computer or at least turn it off.
Personally I think it is a security problem within windows. I keep having it popup and it says I am available to chat I am not have turned off all that but it still keeps happening. I do use windows live mail but that is all. Also have hotmail but I do not have that mail downloaded to my computer. I also have gone into microsoft msn and requested it not to start up no luck .
Please help.

Hello and welcome to the Windows7forums.

Hit the Win key + R and type in msconfig.

uncheck the box for messenger.

Hello and welcome to the Windows7forums.

Hit the Win key + R and type in msconfig.

uncheck the box for messenger.

If you run it again it will come back though.... unless you have StartupMonitor running... then it gets caught trying to slip into the startup menu and you can opt out.

There's an excellent program called anvir which will do the same thing, but it can disable it permanently

It's much more than a blocking startup tool, it's a swiss knife of utilities

It shows all startup entries and you might be surprised what you find here. It displays Application, Processes, Services and Logs.

The free version can be downloaded here:
Freeware Task Manager, Windows Task Manager Free | Manager, Task, Processes, Free

Thanks but I found away to do it. This is in windows 7 just go in to add remove programs go down to windows live essentials it will ask if you want to remove things from that continue when you open it messenger first one selected than you just delete it.

Back
Top Bottom