Windows 95 :P

Snake

Here is a thread that was posted on the MyBB Community Forums. This guy tried to convince us that windows 95 was a great platform. If you have some time read some of his posts. I think the guy is nuts! What do you think?

where is the link???

Snake

Matt's text colour is all messed up. Click on the "Here" on the previous post.

Matt

Meh, I agree. Windows 95 is outdated and had too many stability problems. I would say that Windows Home Server or Sever 2008 are much better. Plus, I'm not sure if the latest apache and MySQL versions run on windows 95.

But then again, I guess for a small web site, Windows 95 would be fine (uses much less power too.)

Just to let you know Matt Windows 2008 Server is going to be the "worst server version yet" said by IT professionals. It's to much like vista. The only thing I like is it has more drivers. Every thing else in it is useless front end stuff thats just going to make administrators lives much harder.

For smaller LAN connection would be the best windows home server!

Hell, any PC running a operating system is the best. Just install xampp and your good to go.

Kyle

Here's a better idea for a server OS; LINUX! lol

temur

Interesting.
95 was the first OS that I ever used. Didn't like it, but I was much too small then, hence the reason I don't have much to say about it. But surely if you are running a small site and you want to whip up something quick; it's fine. But I doubt it's useful nowadays.

i wonder how would it look alike if i had windows 95 now,which is the latest directx it supports???

Matt

Well, I like the Hyper-V that is in Windows Server 08, so i think it will be fine. I am on a linux server, but I may get a Windows Server in the future. Anyway, Paul Thorrott likes Windows Server 08 and home server, so I may try it out.

Anyway, Direct X 5.2 was the last Direct X for windows 95. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_x

Kyle

Actually, DX 8.0a was according to that article;

DirectX 8.0a 4.08.00.0400 (RC14) Last supported version for Windows 95 February 5, 2001

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.