Windows 7 Windows Activation

fibaldwin

Just got a new PC--Dell with Vista Basic. I immediately downloaded and installed Windows 7. I did not activate Vista before installing Win 7. I have tried several times to activate Win 7 but it will not accept the product key number on my PC. I get a message to the effect that the key is not valid.

Is there a way to address this that doesn't involve uninstalling Win 7, and reinstalling Vista in order to activate it before reinstalling Win 7?

Thanks!

If you got a Dell machine with Vista preinstalled - Vista would already be activated.

You need a special key for Win 7 - not the one from the side of your laptop - that is for Vista only.

Any one of these will do :

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Press the Windows and Pause/Break keys together - the System window opens - click Change product key ( in blue at the bottom of the window)

Enter the Windows 7 product key - click Activate

If you got a Dell machine with Vista preinstalled - Vista would already be activated.

You need a special key for Win 7 - not the one from the side of your laptop - that is for Vista only.

Any one of these will do :

Windows 7 Beta Product Keys

Press the Windows and Pause/Break keys together - the System window opens - click Change product key ( in blue at the bottom of the window)

Enter the Windows 7 product key - click Activate

Hi Guys first post here, I had a similar problem after a clean install from MS. Downloaded win7 and they sent me a key by email, used that exact number and it came up as invalid key. I will try the above method when I finish work and report back.

Cheers Robski

Thanks SIW2, that worked a treat mate. I'm activated...lol

Now all I need is for windows to stop crashig whilst on the internet. :confused: Tied firefox and still crashes.

Cheers Robski

Back
Top Bottom