Windows completely freezes when opening certain applications

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by drewby89, Jul 4, 2010.

1. drewby89

drewby89 New Member

Im having an issue, where every time i try to load itunes, autocad or world of warcraft, my laptop completely freezes and i have to just hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn it off. I'm using a Sony VAIO FZ11m if thats any help.

I'm using windows 7 professional with all that standard drivers that it used after installing, except i upgraded my video drivers to forceware 197.15
    I can't give any more information than this, as I get no error logs, no crash dumps, nothing.

Any help I get is greatly appreciated

2. zvit

zvit Honorable Member

Since there are so many reasons for this and so much missing information, here is the search I would do that gets lots of solved results:

"Windows 7" freezes applications intitle:solved - Google Search

or

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22Windows+7%22+freezes+applications+intitle%3Aresolved&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

and of course, play around with the search words but keep the intitle:solved or intitle:resolved in there so you get results faster.

#2 zvit, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  3. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Hi.

Please type msinfo32 in the start menu and hit enter. On the opened screen, file | save. Zip this save file and attach to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply. We should be able to sort this for you, no problem.

4. drewby89

drewby89 New Member

ha damn, i reformatted already. Thanks for trying to help anyway, if it ever happens again i'll know what to do!

5. drewby89

drewby89 New Member

Just out of interest, what would you have done to spot the problem?