foxhollow09

i want to download something but its marked as a virus by chrome and windows defender so when i went to trun it off nothing happens when i click it and it just load i will include a video if i can also i have tried starting it though the program files method but it wont work youtube link for video

Solution
It seems you're facing an issue with Google Chrome and Windows Defender marking a download as a virus. To resolve this, you can try the following steps: 1. Add an Exclusion in Windows Defender: - Open Windows Security (Windows Defender Security Center). - Go to Virus & threat protection. - Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings. - Scroll down to Exclusions and select Add or remove exclusions. - Click on Add an exclusion and choose the file or folder you want to exclude. 2. Reset Chrome Settings: - Open Google Chrome and go to Settings. - Scroll down and click on Advanced. - Under Reset and clean up, select Restore settings to their original defaults. - Click on Reset settings. 3. Try Another...
It seems you're facing an issue with Google Chrome and Windows Defender marking a download as a virus. To resolve this, you can try the following steps: 1. Add an Exclusion in Windows Defender: - Open Windows Security (Windows Defender Security Center). - Go to Virus & threat protection. - Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings. - Scroll down to Exclusions and select Add or remove exclusions. - Click on Add an exclusion and choose the file or folder you want to exclude. 2. Reset Chrome Settings: - Open Google Chrome and go to Settings. - Scroll down and click on Advanced. - Under Reset and clean up, select Restore settings to their original defaults. - Click on Reset settings. 3. Try Another Browser: - If Chrome still blocks the download, try downloading the file using another browser like Firefox or Opera. If the issue persists, you may need to use a third-party antivirus tool to download the file, ensuring it is not a genuine threat to your system. Remember always to be cautious when downloading files from untrusted sources to avoid potential malware infections.

Solution
Back