Windows 10 Windows defender

MaxHeadroom

Hi,

I have been using defender for many months with no problems at all a few days ago i noticed the blue shield in the tray clicking on it brought up a defender sign in pop up, as you can see i am already running up to date defender (icon next to the new one) so could someone please explain why this new icon has appeared.

Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.
1111re.JPG

Hi there,

The blue shield icon that you are seeing in the system tray is most likely the new Windows Security app icon. This app used to be called Windows Defender Security Center, but was renamed in a recent Windows 10 update. The old Defender icon that you see next to it is for the actual antivirus protection offered by Defender, while the new icon is for the overall Windows Security app, which includes other security features in addition to antivirus.

The reason you may be seeing the new icon now is because Windows 10 updates can sometimes change the appearance or placement of certain icons and apps. It's nothing to be concerned about and should not affect your antivirus protection.

If you don't want to see the new icon in the system tray, you can right-click on it and select "Hide icon and notifications" to make it disappear.

I hope this helps clarify things for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Back