Windows doesnt start...:(

OK Here's the story:

This morning I was trying to get a program to work, and it wasn't. I found out I needed to change the system language to Japanese to do so. So i changed the system locale to Japanese.. and restarted my computer.

Windows wouldn't start. It would reach up to the windows logo for a split second and then go to a new screen that would prompt me to either start windows again normally or go to system recovery.

So I did, I went to system recovery and I tried to do system restore, It almost worked but at the end it gave me an error saying there might be a problem with an anti virus (I use Avira anti virus free edition)

Annnnd, i'm stuck here... I tried to see if i could use command prompt to access the control panel to change the system locale back to english, but I cant access control panel through command prompt from the system recovery options.

Any help would be very much appreciated.. I've been trying non stop to do whatever I can but I'm not too computer savvy :( Please don't tell me my only option is to reformat... I dont even have my windows 7 disk.. :(

I just fixed the problem.. I feel dumb for not trying it. Here's what I did if it helps anybody else on a problem like this or similar to it :

When you hold F8 at startup and get to the advanced boot options, go down and press enter on "Last known good configuration"

I was stupid... Did so much unnecessary stuff such as burning a recovery disk onto the flash drive, trying to get system repair to work, etc, etc.. It was all so simple. Thank god.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.