Windows 7 windows e-mail

skaterbingo

I have a computer I bought a couple of months ago loaded with Vista 64 bit. I got the free upgrade to Windows 7 and installed it. I have not been able to connect to e-mail since. The troubleshooting built into the computer tells me I have a compatibility problem. Windows live mail just will not open. I have downloaded the windows live programs. Help please!

I have a computer I bought a couple of months ago loaded with Vista 64 bit. I got the free upgrade to Windows 7 and installed it. I have not been able to connect to e-mail since. The troubleshooting built into the computer tells me I have a compatibility problem. Windows live mail just will not open. I have downloaded the windows live programs. Help please!

It's got to be confusion with the upgrade process... this is the third problem today I have seen with Live email and upgrading... seems parts of Vista show Live email -- or email even before it's installed. Win 7 doesn't run outlook... without a complex hacking process... but apparently the upgrade is getting some kind of head fake by vista's old link.

Try this... you have live email installed.... use Windows explorer and go to program files.. or program files (x86) if you are running 64 bit (because live email only comes in 32 bit) and go to

\Windows Live\Mail\ and manually run wlmail.exe

You know you are directly calling the right program. If it doesn't load then you probably have to do a clean install to straighten out the mess.

Back