Windows 7 Windows Help

Ok, the problem has worsened...Now when i turn it on, it just loads a black screen and after like 10 seconds it restarts and then the process repeats....

I think until you do what we discussed it isn't going to get any better....

Well, im in now typing from the computer...it seems when i start it up, sometimes it will boot, sometimes it will infinitely restart...so i guess for now, im at a guessing game. until i get my download for a reinstall.

PS: Could these problems be from me updating my Win7 from RC to RTM? it seemed it started happening ever since i upgraded.

Ok, sorry for brining back this old post, but i still have not resolved this...I am trying to do the Hush-Hush method xD but i cannot get into the computer to run the installer. How will i install it if i cant get to windows?

If I understand what you mean then try booting from disk... You'll need to change your boot order via the bios so that CD is fist and HDD is second.

Ok so i installed a Clean copy of Vista on the computer. I thought it was fixed, but once i restarted, i ran into the exact same problem...

Try running a chkdsk. Right click on your HDD, choose properties, Tools and then 'check now'. Make sure you tick the box to repair broken sectors..

Also what are your temps like? Using a small paintbrush clean out any dust thats in the grills and vents..

I already ran a Chkdisk a while back, it didnt help. I did a SMART Test from the Bios, but no luck...I cleaned out all of the vents i could see via compressed air. The Laptop temperature is almost always hot, but all over the internet people said it is known for being a very hot laptop model, like most HP laptops are anyways

I already ran a Chkdisk a while back, it didnt help. I did a SMART Test from the Bios, but no luck...I cleaned out all of the vents i could see via compressed air. The Laptop temperature is almost always hot, but all over the internet people said it is known for being a very hot laptop model, like most HP laptops are anyways

Have you ever checked them? Something like Speedfan or Everest will tell you. One of the common causes of machines locking up is overheating so it's worth checking.
If the CPU is over say 50-60c at idle then you may have a problem although other areas could be affected too. Drews suggestion would be a perfect solution if it turns that is what's occuring...

I called the support desk but they never help and they offered me a $260 repair, which never works since i had a repair twice and it never fixes the problem. I ran Everest a long time ago and the cpu was not too hot unless it was sitting on like a bed for awhile.

So if you use it on a bed it gets too hot? If so, that's not right. It shouldn't overheat depending on the surface it's placed on.. I'd check those temps again..

Back