Windows 7 Windows Help

anthonyjr2

Well, i just installed the MSDN version of the RTM build 7600 of Windows 7. and everything went very smooth. its just that, i think it is conflicting with something on my computer. I shut it down the first time i installed and restarted. it booted and i was able to use it. but just a few hours ago, everything just got reallly slow and my comp froze completely. so i manually turned it off. now, whenever i try to start, it either sticks at the POST screen, turns off, then boots past, or it goes to Starting Up, and then freezes just as the two first colors come out of black. so if i restart, same thing happens...tried safe mode, it got to the last driver it always gets to, but it never went on. tried "Last known good config" to no avail. also, as a side note, when the comp freezes at starting up, it usually will like skip to a later part of the colors coming out, and then freeze once more at that spot...im not sure what this issue is or why it is happening from the new installation or just because something went wrong. Btw, I upgraded from RC.

Hi anthonyjr2,

I see in your last sentence you say you 'upgraded'... Try doing a 'clean install' (after backing up what you can) as we've found that many users are getting problems after upgrading..

Lol, sorry man, I was getting my posts mixed up...apologies..:redface:

Have you tried booting from disk and running the repair option?

i do not have a disk for win7 though. i never burned the iso to a disk, just extracted the files from iso and ran from that

Can you not get a friend to burn you a copy off? Otherwise your options are going to get really limited...

You say you just installed the MSDN version. So, I assume that you have a MSDN account, or have access to one, so you could just go to a friend's house and redownload the ISO and burn it. The key isn't as important yet.

You could also throw a blank hard drive in the computer, disconnect power to your exisiting drive to be safe, install Windows 7 (or Vista or XP for that matter). When it is installed, hook the old drive up (make sure you boot off you new OS) and grab the files you need, putting them to the new drive, DVD, or copying them over a network to another PC.

Another way is to throw your hard drive into another computer and grab the files you need off of it.

You handcuffed yourself in many ways... so hopefully you have learned a few lessons. ;)

Good Luck!​

hopefully a solution has been found but it's a little hush, hush.... nuff said. ;)

Back