Windows 7 Windows in the task bar randomly refresh themselves

mario lettuce

I have a bit of an odd query, and I'm not quite sure how to describe it properly but I shall try my best. Often when I'm running a program, the icon in the taskbar will disappear and very quickly reappear (as if 'refreshing' itself probably the best way I can think of to describe it). Usually this has no effect on the running of the program, but when it happens when I'm in the middle of a brush stroke on photoshop 7 it interrupts the stroke (even if my mouse/tablet is still held down) which gets really annoying.

I have no idea what may be wrong... it's been happening pretty much since I got the computer (though I only recently noticed it with photoshop). I'm running 64-bit Windows 7. Any help would be much appreciated =)

Nah, it's just plain old Photoshop 7. It's not just photoshop that it happens to -I've noticed it tends to happen with programs that use a lot of memory like firefox and WMP.

I had this exact same problem, but I just fixed it by resetting my local profile. The easiest thing might be for you to create a new user and log-in as that from now on. You'll have to set everything up again (program preferences and the like), and you'll have to copy all your documents over to your new profile. I couldn't see what was causing this problem, so I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but at least it gets rid of the problem.

Hi there,

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem as I think that I'm having a similar issue. I've tried creating a new user account but this was unsuccessful in rectifying the problem.

It's causing me massive issues with using the lasso tools as when the screen randomly refreshes that mask is created, and when I'm halfway through cutting an object from a scene this messes up the mask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Not Really

Hi.

I'm afraid I didn't really find a solution in the end. Resetting my local profile helped, but then I noticed that other user accounts on my machine were having the same problem, so in the end, I just decided to re-install Windows (or rather restore it from an image I'd made). Sorry that's not much help, but it was the quickest and easiest thing for me, as I have all my user data on a separate computer, so I can restore an image of my installation without giving it a second thought.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and good luck finding a solution.

David.

Re: Not Really

I'm having the same problem when using lasso tools in Photoshop 7 under Windows 7. I'll be in the middle of a selection and BANG.. the screen refreshes and completes the selection prematurely. I can't figure out how to disable this behavior. Turning off Aero doesn't fix it. Did anyone ever find a good solution? I hate to have to purchase Photoshop CS5 to fix this... that's a pretty expensive fix, since Adobe doesn't offer an upgrade from PS7.

Back