Windows 7 Windows installation gets an unexpected error at "Setup is starting services" and loops the process.

xX760Xx

Since my computer was running extremely slow, I decided to restore to factory settings. It formatted my disk drive and reinstalled Windows. I guess that the process wasn't done, so when I start up, it goes onto to a series of screens that have to do with setting up Windows such as the services and devices.

At first it got all the way up to devices, but then I had a brown-out and the computer shut off. I turned the computer back on and it went to the "Setup is starting services screen", and about 6 minutes after that came up, a box came up saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

I pressed ok and the computer restarted. But then, after waiting for it to install, that same error came up. I tried 4 more times and the error kept coming up. This prevents me from installing windows. I would use a disc, but I don't have one.

I also tried the Startup Repair, but that did nothing.

Please help, I really rely on and need this computer.

Back