Windows 7 Windows Language as English UK and Keyboard as English US

jiqbal

Hi All,
Is it possible to have winodws 7 language to be English UK but the keyboard language to be US?

I want to setup my windows 7 language to be English UK, but I want my keyboard language to be US. Everytime I try to set my win7 language to be UK, it also changes my keyboard to UK as well and some of the keys like qoutes and @ and & sign are all messed up.

Is there a way to achive this? Any suggestion would be greaty appreciated.

Hi jiqbal and Welcome to The Forum,

In my experience if you want a US keyboard, just leave the language as US as well. The only difference I've ever seen between the two is in £'s to $'s. And of course the keyboard key layouts.
{rant}
In the UK you have to live with a color, not colour. It's the behavior of the PC, not the behaviour of the PC. Pretty annoying when trying to teach youngsters how to spell correctly.

I've yet to see a PC with English UK spellings on it. Would love to be corrected though!
{/rant}

Last edited:
While I have not experimented with this feature, after you have changed the language, you should simply be able to go back to Start -> Search -> Region and Language -> Keyboards and Languages -> Change keyboards...

In Windows 7 Ultimate, at least, the option for English (UK) and English (US) are both there. There is even Zimbabwe English...

Back