Windows 7 Windows Live Photo Gallery

Twrenn

When I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to edit and view pictures its slow to respond and freezes up, especially when I "delete" a photo. When I use Windows Photo Viewer there are no issues. But with Windows Photo Viewer and I cant edit so I have to use Live Photo Gallery. Anyone else have this issue?

I reinstalled it and still having the same issue. Other photo editing software such as XnView do not have this problem, but I would prefer to use WLPG.

Hi

I don't use Windows Live Photo Gallery but I think that at least part of the problem is that it tries to manage everything on your computer.
Even on my computer it's kind of a drag.
When I opened it a few minutes ago, I think it tried to find every image on both of my hard drives.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks I would recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements.

It will do pretty much anything you could ever want to do and it does it with a pretty straight forward interface that's easy to use.

You can get it from Amazon for about $79.00 and let you edit like a pro.

Link Removed - Invalid URL
I use the full version of Photoshop but I use Premiere Elements 9 and I'm impressed with the capabilities it has for a program that cost a fraction of what the pro version does.

Mike

I use WLPG as well, it's just a little slow to boot up but once up and running I don't have any issues with mine. I would check your system for any bugs that might have snuck in and corrupted it. Also there could be some registry errors and/or corruptions.

Hi

When I'm doing a lot of images I have the folder open in Windows Explorer and just open them one after the other in Photoshop by clicking on them.
If Photoshop is already open they load almost instantly.

When I'm done I just hit save and close it then open the next by clicking on it in Explorer. You can have the Explorer Window open in the background so you can switch back and forth in a second.

Here's a link to the free trial. It might save you time in the processing that will make up for the time you lose opening them.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Mike

Last edited:
Back