Windows 10 Windows Mail???

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I activated the Mail app in Windows 10 for the first time just a few minutes ago, I added my Gmail account and opened it up.

It looks great, I may stop using Thunderbird, I like the clean modern look.

But I have a question.

When I open it it shows my Gmail account, but I also use a Comcast account.

When I go to Settings / Accounts it shows that it already had my Comcast account active, (it's the account I use from my Microsoft account address.

But I can't find any way to switch from it displaying my Gmail account to showing my Comcast account.

Anyone know how to do this?

Mail%20App_zpsdpx5tjpc.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
I don't have an answer for you Mike....sorry. That's is exactly why I'll keep using Outllook 2013, I can't stand the fumble looking/messing about with the mail app. If you could customize it to look/feel like Outlook 2013 then I may give it a shot.

Hi

I've been messing with this for a half hour, and I can't figure out how to get it to display more than one account.
Here you can clearly see that it recognizes my Comcast account...

Screenshot%207_zpswjfbicfv.png

But I can't find any way to make it display it in the mail Window.

Mike

Bottom left corner, link says Comcast, click it.

MailApp.png

You can see it in your image above.

Last edited:
Hi guys

As you can see in the first image it didn't show there when I started ( I can't believe that I didn't see it when it appeared).

I can see my Comcast Account now after setting it up again, but not send or receive mail from it.

However I think the problem is that the account is POP and I can't seem to fin a way to get Comcast to change it to IMAP.

OK

After switching the sever settings to IMAP in Windows Mail I can send from it.
But it doesn't seem to be receiving.

I need to do a little more testing.

Mike

Interesting, I changed when you get mail to Anytime, and I received several messages from 2012.
But no recent messages?

It apparently can receive but not new messages?
Or my Thunderbird account is getting them first and then they get deleted?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom