Windows 7 Windows Media Center Xbox 360 Extender PROCCESSOR MAXXING OUT

Aranox

Hello my fiance recently bought my a Xbox 360 Slim. I setup the windows media center extender and it works fine. But my issue is with my Computer. My proccessor is maxxing out whenever the process for the Media Center Network is running. The only solution i have found is to end the process manually. But it will randomly re open the process on it own and cause my proccessor to max out and use about 3/4ths of my RAM. It still re opens the process even when my 360 is shutdown and media center is not be used on the PC

System Specs
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD K8 45 °C TF-20 1.6 Ghz
RAM
3.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 319MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Acer Aspire 5532 (Socket S1G1)
Graphics
HP S2031 @ 1600x900
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Hard Drives
156GB Western Digital WDC WD1600BEVT-22ZCT0 ATA Device (IDE) 41 °C
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Last edited:
Hello my fiance recently bought my a Xbox 360 Slim. I setup the windows media center extender and it works fine. But my issue is with my Computer. My proccessor is maxxing out whenever the process for the Media Center Network is running. The only solution i have found is to end the process manually. But it will randomly re open the process on it own and cause my proccessor to max out and use about 3/4ths of my RAM. It still re opens the process even when my 360 is shutdown and media center is not be used on the PC

System Specs
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD K8 45 °C TF-20 1.6 Ghz
RAM
3.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 319MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Acer Aspire 5532 (Socket S1G1)
Graphics
HP S2031 @ 1600x900
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Hard Drives
156GB Western Digital WDC WD1600BEVT-22ZCT0 ATA Device (IDE) 41 °C
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Hi and welcome

Well you are thin on RAM. 64bit needs just for itself 2gigs leaving only one for all else (including cache, etc). Can you go into task manager and look in the performance tab. Click on top of the ram column to find out which apps are using what, make a snapshot of it and upload it to us>

If it is the WMPNetw service let us know how much ram it is using

thanks in advance

Ken J

Untitled.png
From what i can tell other then the WMPNetwork process when it is running my ram is pretty well under control... I tend to close down everything except what im using and i stay below 20-30% Ram usage from just Win 7 64Bit. This screen shot is taken while the WMPNetwork process is closed.
Also I found another temporary solution. The process WMPNetwork is actually a "service" and at the moment I have prevent the service from be able to load by disabling it. But this forces me to have to go into services whenever I want to stream video to my 360. While steaming video i aboviously expect my PC to perform badly. But even when its not steaming and the WMPNetwork is loaded it performs badly this is also with my 360 shutdown.

Back