Windows 7 Windows media embeded in file´s properties pane

geeheeb

Hello,
First of all, hello all. I'm new to this forum.
I really hope you can help me with this annoying problem.

Whenerver I do RIGHTBUTTON > PROPERTIES on an mp3 file it automatically starts playing that file from an instance of windows media player that is embeded in the very properties pane, But when I check (using lockhunter) to see which program is using the file, lockhunter shows "windows explorer" as the file playing it, not windows media player. This leads me to think maybe win 7 has the media player integrated somehaow into windows explorer.

I have not been able to find any way or option to remove this extremely annoying behavior. What makes it even more annoying is that in order to stop playing the file I necessarily have to press stop. If I just close the properties pane without pressing stop the file keeps playing anyway, and once I have closed the properties pane, and the file is playing, the ONLY way to stop it is by using lockhunter to unlock it.

If a file is already playing from the properties pane -as explained above- and I do RIGHTBUTTON > PROPERTIES on the same file or another file, this happens again and both files plays simultaneously.
In the specific case that I do RIGHTBUTTON > PROPERTIES on a file and then close the properties pane without pressing stop and -as explained above- the file keeps playing If I again do RIGHBUTTON > PROPERTIES on the SAME file, it starts playing again and I hear two "instances" playing NOT IN SYNC.

I guess it is obvious how annoying this is. I have not been able to find any option neither in windows explorer nor in media player to disable this. I have all "autoplay" options disabled.

I really hope, you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Back