Windows Media Player 12 fail

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by JawnIAm, Jun 24, 2009.

1. JawnIAm

JawnIAm New Member

I have an extensive library of music that I have backed up on my computer. I've been using Windows Media Player for several years and never had a problem. For some reason within the last week WMP erased all the music file information. I have almost 10,000 songs with no artist, album, or any information. All just the titles of songs!

2. Dangerously Overclocked

yeah, but do you have all 10,000 songs backed up somewhere safe? that is the question.

3. JawnIAm

JawnIAm New Member

That was my backup lol I've got most the songs still on CD but STILL SOOOOO much work to re rip them!

4. PcBoyGeorge

PcBoyGeorge Senior Member

Uh well if wmp players them they are saved somewhere. Check my music. WMP may be broke but the music files could work. Try saving them to a usb drive and trying them on a different pc. Because WMP can't play them without them being saved on your pc somewhere.

5. Radenight

Radenight New Member

WMP can actually play files without them being saved on the HDD.. You simply put the disc in your optical drive than play them off of it.. ;) It's not a very efficient way of doing things but it can be done.. :)

6. JawnIAm

JawnIAm New Member

Now it's like any freakin audio file that finds its way onto my computer gets its file info deleted! I have no more music with artist, album, or ANYTHING! Has no one had this problem? I only use Windows Media Player 12.