Windows 7 Windows Media Player 12 won't play mp3 and wma

rellik

Hello dear Win7 comunity!
Please help me with this problem:
My WMP can't open .mp3 and .wma files and i don't know why.I googled it and it sent me to the Microsoft site where it told me to chnage some registries, but they were already correct.As addons, I use DFX and AC3 filter, but i don't think they are related to this problem.Please help!

P.S. i have the latest codecs available

Hello dear Win7 comunity!
Please help me with this problem:
My WMP can't open .mp3 and .wma files and i don't know why.I googled it and it sent me to the Microsoft site where it told me to chnage some registries, but they were already correct.As addons, I use DFX and AC3 filter, but i don't think they are related to this problem.Please help!

P.S. i have the latest codecs available

Hello,

Make sure you have the Latest Codec which would be most included for WMP 12 if NOT try to download Shark Codec. Make sure for MP3 and WMA is selected as the default application.
Start > Default Programs and look for those extensions make sure WMP is selected. If that also failed the try this Tutorial Windows Media Player Troubleshooting Guide - Windows 7 Forums and if that fails then go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Add to Remove Windows Component then uncheck Windows Media Player 12 and reboot then go back there and check and again you need to reboot after that give it a shot. Lets us know how it goes

Hope this helps,
Captain

Last edited:
Thanks, Captain.
I installed the shark codecs but it ruined my sound at final xD
Then i reinstalled k-lite 5.7.8 and guess what! WMP CAN PLAY MP3 =)
THX A LOT!

Thanks, Captain.
Then i reinstalled k-lite 5.7.8 and guess what! WMP CAN PLAY MP3 =)
THX A LOT!

Well that make sense because both uses some what similar codec .. Glad its fixed !! Thank You for posting back

- Captain

It depends on what codecs you choose to install, whether with the Shark's or wth the K-Lite's package, and also on how you configure them and what codecs you assign to playback certain media files.

Back
Top Bottom