Windows Media Player - doesnt work!!!!

"server execution failed" that is the error i get when I try to open any video or song.

Also when i try to open WMP from the start menu it doesnt open and it doesnt show up in Task Manager
I am using Windows 7 and the new media player, i have never really liked WMP before but i like this one because of how lightweight it looks when you watch a video.

Any help would be great

"server execution failed" that is the error i get when I try to open any video or song.

Also when i try to open WMP from the start menu it doesnt open and it doesnt show up in Task Manager
I am using Windows 7 and the new media player, i have never really liked WMP before but i like this one because of how lightweight it looks when you watch a video.

Any help would be great

Control Panel > Administrative > Services > Windows Media Player Network Sharing > Click "Restart" > and finally restart your computer.

I would do a system restore but i dont know when it started and i have done heaps of stuff (uninstalling/installing) since then so I cant. And There is no such thing as add and remove programs in Win7 but when you go into Programs and Features there is only an option to uninstall I tried that then reinstalling but that didnt work and neither did cybercore's idea :( but thanks anyway and if you have any other ideas it would be appreciated

R

R®USSHIMI

Any help would be great
As i know WDM cannot play .mp4 file

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992

WDM is working fine to my Windows

It can play mp4 files it can even play m4v files! and besides it cant even play mp3 files at the moment.
and it used to work fine but I just tried about 2 weeks ago and that error came up.

reghakr

Essential Member
I'd recommend an alternate player that doesn't use as much memory hogging.

It's called KmPlayer and can be downoaded here:

Download KMPlayer

R

R®USSHIMI

Supported file formats

Windows Media formats (.asf, .wma, .wmv, .wm)

Advanced Systems Format (.asf)

Versions of Windows Media Player that support this file type:
  • Windows Media Player 7
  • Windows Media Player for Windows XP
  • Windows Media Player 9 Series
  • Windows Media Player 10
  • Windows Media Player 11
Just DL Gom Player dude,ignore WDM

GOMlab.com - Play Any Video File, Any Time! The Best Media Player!

Yeaah i have WMP 12

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.