Windows Media Player - Download License - Windows Media Services Plug-Ins

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by frankschechter1, Apr 1, 2009.

1. frankschechter1

frankschechter1 New Member

Hi guys,
    Using my desktop pc (Windows XP Professional), I copied songs from my cds to the computer thru Windows Media Player and then moved all the songs to my portable hard drive.
    I connected my hard drive to my laptop (Vista Home Premium) and tried to play the files thru Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, WMP 11 did not play the file but opened a Mozilla Firefox window leading to a site that would ask me to download license.
    Upon clicking the 'Download License' button, I encountered the error that said I had to install Windows Media Services plug-ins.
    I searched for this plug-in and found out that it was associated with WMP 9 and not WMP 11 so I thought installation might cause conflicts or might create more errors. I'm not so good at computer and I don't even know which to install when WMP website gave me too many options and downloadables.
    These make me so frustrated and I don't even know if I could still copy my songs from my hard drive to my laptop and play them.
    Could someone please help me out? Please...

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Can you take a screenshot of the options offered?

3. frankschechter1

frankschechter1 New Member

Hi, I have attached two files. Kindky see the screenshots.

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP