Windows 7 Windows Media Player in Windows 7?

Matt

So, I'm thinking, if Microsoft has the zune media player software, why are they still working on Windows Media Player? Zune is a direct competitor, and has a better UI compared to WMP. It also is compatible with formats people use right out of the box, like .mp4 and .m4a files, as well as unprotected .aac files. So just include Zune as Zune Live in the Windows Live pack for download, and kill Windows Media Player.

They should just leave the media player out completely and let users choose their own.
I personally never use WMP, and most of the people I know don't either.

I voted no because I use WMP. Although I have not tried the Zune player.

I would recommend you use it, considering that it's free, and for music, works better than WMP. It does have a few short comings, like there is no totally full screen video, only window full screen video, and you can't add codecs to it say for .ogg files, but for playing MP3, WMA, and AAC, it works well.

It's a free download from zune.net

Or you could just switch to VLC, and iTunes.
They really are the two best players of video and audio ;)

VLC 0.8.6 was good, but 0.9.3 was extremely slow and crashed often. And iTunes, I don't really care for the interface, and less for how it can mess up Windows.

I don't like how iTunes doesn't capture everything with tags in your Music folder automatically. This is one benefit of WMP. Although now I will need to try the Zune player. I have an iPod and use an addon in WMP to get the music to sink correctly.

0.9.4 Works fine, and you can always use the older VLCs. As far as movies, it does the best job.
As for iTunes, I guess I've never had that problem. Probably because I meticulously catalog and fill in the details in the tags of all my songs before they get imported anywhere.

Back