Windows Media Player Plugin

seekermeister

Honorable Member
When using TVU Player, I've come across a few channels that won't work, unless I install a Windows Media Player plugin. This confuses me some, because all of the other channels are controlled and displayed with the TVU Player's own display.

I started to install the plugin, but when I selected the link on the TVU Player window, it wanted to install it using the Optimum Installer, which I'm not familiar with. I did a very brief Google on it, and saw enough to convince me that it is not something desirable to have installed. Also pondering on all of this, I considered the fact that a plugin is normally something that is required to create functionality between two different programs, and the Optimum Installer said that it was for IE, Firefox and Chrome, of which I normally don't use any...I prefer Opera.

For some reason that I fail to understand, I already have a TVU Player plugin installed for Opera, but Opera is never used to display anything, so I don't know why it is needed, nor do I understand why WMP is required, when most of the channels operate just using the Flash abilities of the TVU Player?

I will probably just skip the channels that demand this plugin, but remain curious about the situation. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.