Windows 7 Windows Not Completing Backup

kimberlyann

Windows has stopped completing backups. A few weeks ago, I bought an external HD and began doing regular backups that completed with no problems. Now I get a message that Windows backup did not complete successfully. Message also says that the drive that Windows is installed on needs at least 400 MB of free space. My C-drive shows 138 GB of free space and my external HD shows 162 GB of free space. What is wrong? I am new to backing up. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Glad to hear you've got a regular backup running - can get you out of all sorts of problems. One problem though is that you don't discover the limitations of the Windows integrated backup until you need it. You will find many tales of woe on the net from people who have discovered the hard way. Backing up is such an essential job that I prefer a dedicated proven system and for that reason I use Acronis True Image. It's not free but neither it is expensive and the first time you ever need to run a recovery you'll consider it worth every penny. You can read about it and download a fully working trial from here:

Complete hard disk recovery solution, backup, drive copy, clone and image computer software

Thanks. This helps as I want the backups to be bullet proof reliable. I have experimented with the windows 7 backup system by deleting files and folders and restoring from backup, and found it kind of awkward to use. Not what I expected from Microsoft especially considering the importance of backups. I actually found it simpler to just copy my files to my external HD and flash drives. I have been reading about Easeustodo backup software. I will now look at Acronis. Thanks for you help.

Thanks. This helps as I want the backups to be bullet proof reliable. I have experimented with the windows 7 backup system by deleting files and folders and restoring from backup, and found it kind of awkward to use. Not what I expected from Microsoft especially considering the importance of backups. I actually found it simpler to just copy my files to my external HD and flash drives. I have been reading about Easeustodo backup software. I will now look at Acronis. Thanks for you help.

Well, I looked into Acronis, tried several times over a couple hours to download the free trial and they never sent me the key code to activate it and customer service is not responding. I have never had this much trouble downloading any free trial product. I wonder if this is an indication of how their product will function and support I could get for it.

Last time I used a trial it didn't need a key - it just had 28 days unlimited use and only then did you require a key.

Thanks, I will try it again this morning. If it doesn't work I will probably just buy it as it sounds good based on what you and others have said about. $50 is pretty inexpensive insurance and certainly not much compared to the high cost of all my other software that I use to work with my data and files. As much as we have to pay for Microsoft's OS and Office Suite, I am surprised they don't provide a better backup system, considering how important backups are.

I'm sure you would want to buy it - I've used it for years. Just one extra thought - when I bought my last copy I got through to the page of completing the purchase and, for some reason needed to page back to something. Sensing that I seemed to be backing away from the purchase I got a popup asking if I really wanted to go back and offering me another 10% off if I didn't! Don't know if they staill have that "feature". I also discovered that prices varied depending on what region you selected to download from.

I have been backing - up since i got this windows -7 pro every single month but now in the last few months it will analyse ok then get as far as 28% then the red warning bar appears,with no back-up being done what so ever i am so fustrated as i thought i was doing all the right things. I have cc-cleaner + defraggler and just try clean - up that way but it's not backing -up my stuff why is this happening please help !!!!

Back
Top Bottom