Windows 7 Windows ovesized

teo1964

Hi and thanks to host me in this forum .

Now the problem.
Taskbar is setted NOT in auto-hide mode.
The problem seems to be that the real size of the desktop is bigger tha the usual and when the application are open maximize they cover also the taskbar or move it down outside the screen; I think it because when I look at the desktop the sentence "Windows 7 for testing..." is under the taskbar.
Thererefore with application oper the only way to acces to the task bar is to minimize the application or use the keyboars key.
I hope you'll be able to understand the problem.
Have a nice day.
Matteo

Last edited:
shouldn't happen. are you sure you picked a resolution that fits your screen?
maybe the problem is resolved if you just drag the taskbare to another side of the screen?

shouldn't happen. are you sure you picked a resolution that fits your screen?
maybe the problem is resolved if you just drag the taskbare to another side of the screen?

Thanks for the reply.
The screen resolution is 1680x1050 which should fit with the screen (always used it).
Yes I tried also to put the taskbar one side (even on the top) but the problem still continue.
Screen: Samsung Syncmaster 206bw
Graph. ATI 3850 HD

Trial with an interesting result !
If I set winamp in a way to stay always on top and "linked" to the lower side of the screen (sorry for the orrible translation), the taskbar is always on top (see the attached print screen). :)
Viceversa if I link winamp to the upper side of the screen the problem comes back again. :frown:

Ciao

Interesting...do you the latest video card drivers? Have you tried enabling auto-hide on the task bar, then disabling it. This may cause Windows to figure out where it needs to be. :)

Back