Windows Vista Windows Photo Gallery

photomaha

I accidently chose Windows Photo Gallery to be the default program to open all of my picture files on the computer, and now it has virtually taken over! I tried to change it back using the "autoplay" selection in the control panel, but it does not seem to change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas to undo this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Photomaha

I've done this myself in the past and the only way I found to cure it was to use 'system restore'...

Here try this, go to control panel/ programs/ default programs/ set your default progam.
Then select the programs you want to be your default programs. This will set any and all default programs you have in your list.

Next got control panel/ hardware & sound/ autoplay
check the box at the top left that says "use auto play for all media devices". Then scroll down to bottom of the page and click the tab on bottom left "reset defaults". click it and then click save. This will reset you auto play for any media device you use. So when you insert a media device into you system you will get a popup window asking you to choose what program (application) that you want to use to open it in. There should be 4 or 5 choose from.

Me personally I use windows photo gallery, I like it. It's simple to use, user friendly and you can burn, save, copy and print right from with in the program

Back