Windows 7 Windows Public Folder

knight52

Hi, I am very in-experienced with the networking center of Windows 7. I turned on Public Folder sharing but I cannot get my client computer to connect to the Public Folder stored on the host computer. When I type in //(COMPUTER NAME HERE) it brings me a box with a message. The first few sentences say:

\\(COMPUTER NAME) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Something I should be missing but have no clue. I turned on Public Folder sharing on my host machine under its networking center but I cannot have another computer browse it. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

BTW both computers use the same OS.

what OS are you using? Are both computers set up in the same network? What is that network name? Check your settings in the homegroup and check what libraries and printers you want to share. When setting up the home network did you get a password for the homegroup?

Have you tried the troubleshooter in Control Panel-Troubleshooting? Check under Network and Internet.

Back