Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM now available on TechNet

The RTM version of Server 2008 R2 is available for download on TechNet. Make sure you go to the "Top Downloads" section and use the Akamai plug-in to download the iso and not File Transfer Manager. :)

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Horray for R2. I will be evaluating it to see how it goes. Thanks for posting this - I was hoping someone would've noticed this as I just saw it tonight.

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Upgrading from Server 2008 (not R2)

Active Directory on this domain controller does not contain Windows Server 2008 R2 ADPREP /FORESTPREP updates. See Prepare a Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 Forest Schema for a Domain Controller That Runs Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
You may want to prepare for this if upgrading... see about executing the commands off the DVD first:

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]D:\support\adprep\adprep /forestprep[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]D:\support\adprep\adprep /domainprep[/FONT]

This will successfully prepare a Windows Server 2008 upgrade for Windows Server 2008 R2 by updating the forest and domain schema on a PDC/GCS (Primary Domain Controller / Global Catalog Server)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike :)

Very cool post. Thanks :D

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.