Windows 7 Windows setup

Barryt

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. I have had this program for many year. I have this program on 3 computers. SUDDENLY I get a blue box on my computer with a heading WINDOWS SETUP. I can’t cancel the box. If I press to proceed it goes to windows 10 install. I can’ t cancel the boxes. All it does is go back to Windows setup. I have to crash my computer and press F12 to get it to return to windows 7. I deleted c: from my computer to o reinstall Windows 7 and with no c: I get the blue box again. What is going on. Can someone tell me how to get rid of the blue bow? Help please. SUDDENLY the bye box appears on my second computer. What is going on

Can you take a picture of that screen (or a screenshot)?

have you fully reformatted the hard disk before reinstalling Windows?

If you removed the C: partition you essentially removed your OS and all your data assuming that was the only data partition. It sounds like you have either a USB or DVD in the system with the Windows 10 install media on it and the system is booting to that. If you have the Windows 7 media you will need to insert that. You would be better off going to Windows 10 though as Windows 7 is end of life next January.

If you removed the C: partition you essentially removed your OS and all your data assuming that was the only data partition. It sounds like you have either a USB or DVD in the system with the Windows 10 install media on it and the system is booting to that. If you have the Windows 7 media you will need to insert that. You would be better off going to Windows 10 though as Windows 7 is end of life next January.
\
I have no USB or DVD attached. I only have a computer with a C:, D: and E: drives. I formatted C: so there was nothing on it. I restarted my computer and got the blue screen. I had some info on my computer but I left it and went to bed. When I came down the next morning I have a blue screen on my computer again. All I want is to get rid of the blue screen so I can use windows 7. I don't want windows 10. If I have to use windows 10 I have three serial numbers that I got with the free upgrades. I wrote the numbers down. I didn't like it so I went back to windows 7. Can I install windows 10 and use my old numbers? they start with 00330?

In order to activate a new version of Windows you need a product key like this:

So, YES, you have to buy Windows 10, basically you pay the product key. You can and should buy it directly from Microsoft official website.
Windows 7 will only receive updates until next year:

Last edited:
Back