Windows Surface

Discussion in 'General Computing' started by Southern Man, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Southern Man

Southern Man New Member

This is Microsofts latest product, it looks cool

Surface

2. Matt

Matt Senior Member

Yep, I saw it. I think it looks pretty good. I posted about it here: http://www.windowsviennaforums.com/microsoft-surface-new-feature-for-vienna-windows-tablet-t-40.html#pid109

Regardless if they add it to Windows Seven/Vienna, I think it will be pretty cool. :)

3. Cole

Cole New Member

One of the few Microsoft products that I have ever wanted to try out. I would love to see this technology in restaurants, hotels, stores, and so on.

4. Matt

Matt Senior Member

Even in your home I think it would be nice. Say, you invite some friends, and you want to play a game. The table would become a game table. I also like the idea of choosing what to order there, though I wouldn't eat on that table. :p

5. ArchTech

ArchTech New Member

You can even share music, photos, videos with a wireless device like Zune, Wireless Digital Cameras and etc. :cool:

6. Matt

Matt Senior Member

Yep. :)

I read in PC world that it should be appearing in T-Mobile stores very soon, and certain hotels. The first versions they say are too expensive for home use.

7. THFS

THFS New Member

ooh, pretty! I like it a lot!

8. the_blue_master

the_blue_master New Member

i like the look of it but what if a component fails? you have to buy a new table NNNNOOOOO!!!! i also cant see them being child friendly its like a tv you hit it hard enough it will break its only a matter of time.

9. Matt

Matt Senior Member

Well, I do suppose you could open up the table, just like a laptop.

10. Population96

Population96 New Member

Yeah, they open right up. I messed with Surface at the Interop Web 2.0 Expo in NYC a few months ago. Its a very great interface. Very user friendly. They even have apps for hospitals, rental car companies, pretty much anything you can imagine. I definitely want one! And the glass surface is nice and thick, so that should help keep it in one piece. I really hope that that gets as mainstream as the Windows OS itself. Its a very fun piece of hardware.