Windows 7 /windows/system32/winload.exe

varkeyeldo

I've downloaded the windows 7x 86 version and burnt the ISO file to a DVD. Then restarted the computer and got the error
after "Windows is loading files"

File : /windows/system32/winload.exe

Info : the selected entry could not be loaded

Please help..

Thank you..

I'm getting the same error in the early part of a clean installation. It's a black/grey windows boot manager screen.

Sounds like a bad burn/ISO.
Only thing I can suggest is checking the hash to make sure there isn't a disk error, then reburning the ISO at a lower speed.

hi all

i'm facing a similar error. the setup installs successfully but windows 7 doesn't start with following error:
/windows/system32/winload.exe missing or corrupt.
in the greyish-black boot loader screen there is a setup option as well but when i select that i get the error:
$WINDOWS.~BT/windows/system32/winload.exe missing or corrupt.

i'm trying to do a custom install (new installation). i already have xp installed on C:/
i chose drive E:/ which has well over 40GB free.
i have used 2 dvds for this also burnt at lower speed but i still get the error though the files are there in the folder if i see them through xp explorer.
i have also tried to install via xp and via boot mode but no success.
FYI: E:/ is a logical drive (partitioned).

Any pointers would be really helpful.
thanks in advance

I can install Windows 7 without any problems... my problem has just recently appeared though... I get this winload.exe error on boot up.. the only way i can get around it.. is by just putting the install dvd into the drive..

Not actually booting to the dvd... but just having it in the drive... this is very confusing for me :(

Problem!!!!

Hi I have now spent to many hours trying to install win 7 on my HTPC.

I´m experiencing EXACTLY the same as JASCORP9.

I get the same message. I have

1. Tried to install it from my XP 32 bit with low burned dvd
2. I have tried to do a clean install
3. I have actually totally reisntalled the xp
4. I have tried creating from a USB drive . It boots and after the small box with moving bars I get black screen

The installation from XP hangs when it reboots after 27% unpacking. I get the small windows logon "bars" in a little box and then black screen

When trying to reboot I get the Jascorp9 message of winlogon and the I have to reboot from previous window version

Is there anyone out there experiencing the same problems????

/helpless

Problemm!!!! :)

:D

Finally I figured out what the problem was.

Windows 7 did not like my ASUS EN 7300 GT/Silent videocard. Bluescreen big time

By removing it and connect the video on the onboard video output I managed to install without any problem.

Now I have to figure out how to install the 7300 videocard again because as soon as i put it in the system goes bluescreen. Trying to install the new win 7 nvidia drivers but they only say they can´t find the card and i can´t put the card in because of bluescreen. Typical microsoft catch 22

Will continue trying

I can install Windows 7 without any problems... my problem has just recently appeared though... I get this winload.exe error on boot up.. the only way i can get around it.. is by just putting the install dvd into the drive..

Not actually booting to the dvd... but just having it in the drive... this is very confusing for me :(

He Chris,
I have exactly this problem.
Did you solve it yet?

I've downloaded the windows 7x 86 version and burnt the ISO file to a DVD. Then restarted the computer and got the error
after "Windows is loading files"

File : /windows/system32/winload.exe

Info : the selected entry could not be loaded

Please help..

Thank you..

Hello!

I get the same error while trying to boot Windows 7 :frown:

I have 4 partitions on my Acer-Notebook, the first (primary) is Windows XP and on the last (logical) I installed Windows 7 (90-days-Trial Enterprise). I have no problems to start XP, but I´m not able to start Windows 7.
The things I´ve already tried:
- burn the DVD a second time (on another PC) and install again (still got this error)
- change DVD-drive and install again (still got this error)
- try to repair installation with the Windows 7 DVD (still got this error)
- install Windows 7 in Virtual PC (on another PC) with the ISO-file (it works!)
- install Windows 7 with this DVD on another PC (it works!)

Because of the last 2 tests, the ISO and the DVD work correct!
I don´t know what I else can do to get Windows 7 to work... :confused:

Has anybody an idea? Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Cheers Michel

Try installing and running the system with the bios set to fail safe default. Once you can get into your system successfully a few times then you can go back into your bios and reconfigure it.

I have found doing a startup repair from the dvd can fix this issue as well.

Also I have seen where windows needs the intel matrix storage driver (applies to only intel chipset motherboards) for systems with sata drives.

i cant even get to the install, if i boot from the disc it loads the files and then blue screen before i have the option of doing anything. i tried unplugging the harddrive with XP loaded on it, leaving only a freshly formated drive but it still crashes right after loading setup files.

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS [Display adapter]
Maxtor 6V300F0 [Hard drive] (300.08 GB) -- drive 0 <-- sata drive
ST340016A [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 1

there also is a onboard video card that im not using, ATI Radeon 200x
err not sure what motherboard i have.. AIDA32 says

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-021506-RC410$RC410L
Motherboard Name Unknown
Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 533 MHz
Bandwidth 4266 MB/s

Same issue

I have EXACTLY the same issue. What to do please anyone?
I also found an extra Vista operating system as well and don't know how to get rid of it. Help please anyone?
Thanks in advance...

Ok everyone, I had the same exact problem and here is what worked for me. I went to BIOS and changed my sata HDD drive options:

-LBA to Large mode/AUTO mode
-S.M.A.R.T enabled

At least this worked for me... And it's good to unplug your usb-drives or anything that is connected to your usb except mouse/keyboard during these startup problems...

My rig is:

AsRock 1600Twins DDR2/DDR3 S775
Intel E8500 (Boxed)
4Gb 1333mhz Kingston Value DDR3
Club 3D Radeon HD 4850 1Gb
WD Caviar Black 500Gb
Antec Sonata 3 (500W)

Back