Windows 7 Windows taskbar/menu

djcourtney

I recently had to reinstall windows due to a hard disc failure, upon completion, the taskbar/menu that used to appear at the top of the screen was missing, I do not know how to get it back, any suggestions?

i do not know yet but i think you have to re format your computer and install a shiny new windows 7 or use any other windows os

djcourtney:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I suspect the item you are referring to is some type of autolauncher, which is generally a part of the software included from the factory as part of the manufacturers interface enhancements. If you used either the disc(s) provided by the manufacturer, or else the repair partition on the original hard drive, the computer should have been returned to its' factory default state, but since the hard drive was replace due to failure then I suspect you will need to get to your computer manufacturer's website and look through the downloads section that is specific for your make and model. Download and install all the drivers for windows 7 that you may need to update like bios, chipset, video, audio, lan, keyboard and pointing devices, etc. Then take a look through anything that is listed under the applications and utilities area, that should include the launcher software that you are talking about.

Last edited:
Back