Windows transformations

finmoon

I sometimes watch videos like deleting the program files folder, setting date to crazy big values and breaking win 11/10 every other possible way. In many cases modern windows starts slowly transforming into win 7/XP. Like alt-tab menu from XP, task manager from 7 and other weird things
I wonder why is it happening? I know that in general win 11 is just xp/7 with some new GUIs and that Microsoft has to keep many files same for compatibility. But why would they need to keep something like old alt-tab or win 7 GUI for the command prompt?
Is there any reason to store all those files on PC?

I didn't know for sure where to post this, but I really wanted to ask this question, sorry if this is inappropriate here

Windows 10, 11 and even 8 are complete rewrites from 7 or even XP. Microsoft tries to minimize what people can do (what regular users can do), but as an admin on the system you can theoretically do almost anything.

I sometimes watch videos like deleting the program files folder, setting date to crazy big values and breaking win 11/10 every other possible way. In many cases modern windows starts slowly transforming into win 7/XP. Like alt-tab menu from XP, task manager from 7 and other weird things
I wonder why is it happening? I know that in general win 11 is just xp/7 with some new GUIs and that Microsoft has to keep many files same for compatibility. But why would they need to keep something like old alt-tab or win 7 GUI for the command prompt?
Is there any reason to store all those files on PC?

I didn't know for sure where to post this, but I really wanted to ask this question, sorry if this is inappropriate here
The presence of legacy elements like the old Alt-Tab menu or Win 7 GUI in Win 11 indeed raises questions about Microsoft's design choices. Retaining certain older features might stem from compatibility necessities, ensuring older software or commands run smoothly on the latest OS versions. Additionally, these elements might serve as fallbacks or references for specific functionalities. As for storing old files, it could be for compatibility layers or supporting legacy applications. While it's intriguing, Microsoft's approach might aim at maintaining compatibility and offering a seamless user experience across different software versions. It's a fascinating aspect of operating system evolution and compatibility preservation.

Back
Top Bottom