Windows 7 Windows update

agss241

Windows update tells me there is a "critical update" available. When I check for updates, I see it is an update for MSWorks 9. I don't have Works 9, I have Works 8 and don't want
to spend a few bucks to upgrade to 9. When this update installs, it disables Works 8, I get a message that file WKLS31.dll cannot be found and Works Word Processor will not open. I go back with System Restore to just before the update installs and all's well again.
The update, KB2092914, is still in "Updates to Install". I don't want, don't need this update. How can I get rid of it? I find no useful information when I search the web.
Thanks much, Tom

Windows update tells me there is a "critical update" available. When I check for updates, I see it is an update for MSWorks 9. I don't have Works 9, I have Works 8 and don't want
to spend a few bucks to upgrade to 9. When this update installs, it disables Works 8, I get a message that file WKLS31.dll cannot be found and Works Word Processor will not open. I go back with System Restore to just before the update installs and all's well again.
The update, KB2092914, is still in "Updates to Install". I don't want, don't need this update. How can I get rid of it? I find no useful information when I search the web.
Thanks much, Tom

go to the update>right click>click hide. You wont see it again

Ken J

Back