Windows Vista Windows Updates

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft has released three non-critical updates for Windows Vista. The first is the most important, as it is a general update to improve reliability and stability, available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The other two updates are more specific, one being to extend the File Management APIs to enable discovery and recovery of deleted files from both non-encrypted and Bitlocker encrypted volumes, available in 32-bit and 64-bit; the other being an update designed to resolve latency issues with certificates where the SIA extension is installed, again in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Well, I don't know if I need it, but I am in favor of any update that helps me recover files. Hope it doesn't cause a security issue, you know how HP's are.

I've got a quick question, if you don't mind. I NEVER update Vista (or Windows in general) with the exception of service packs. I'm always afraid that if I update, something will mess up on my computer. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

It's usually very beneficial to keep up to date with updates.. I have my WU utility set to 'check for updates but let me decide wether to dowload and install them'.

It is wise to have the updates on. I use the same settings as Kemical, as there are a couple of functions I do not need updates for (Microsoft Outlook and all those extra languages, for example!)A word of warning though. I have no strong moral views on pirating. I have always been able to get genuine copies of the Microsoft releases. But whether with deliberate intent, or through natural circumstance, some of the updates can cripple an illegal OS.

Back