Windows 7 Windows Updates

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I installed 17 updates that were presented, and they apparently were successful, then it said that there were three more (KB2760411, KB2760583 and KB2760588), which according to the update history were also successfully installed, yet Windows now wants to download and install those last three again. Had the installations failed, I would understand, but not when they were "successful". I suppose that I should run them again, but I wanted to see what anyone here might have to say about it first?

Thanks, it is at least good to know that the problem is not only with my computer. I guess I will just leave it as is until they fix it. Since that page appears to be getting updated on the subject, I'll keep it bookmarked until the problem is history.

Thanks, it is at least good to know that the problem is not only with my computer. I guess I will just leave it as is until they fix it. Since that page appears to be getting updated on the subject, I'll keep it bookmarked until the problem is history.
Or maybe you can restore back for now and update again later when MS has a fix for it. :)

I suppose, but I got the impression from that article that the problem isn't with the updates actually installing, but that they just aren't being recognized as being installed. However since MS hasn't actually commented on it, that conclusion is rather hazy.

I went ahead and ran a System Restore, because when I had it check for effected programs and drivers, it said that none were effected, which is kind of strange, unless they actually didn't install in the first place. Now I guess I will just sit back and see what MS does about it.

@ Seeker,
If those 3 updates appear again for install, go ahead do so.
After that install, restart your computer.
Open Windows Update again, see if those 3 are back asking for install or not.

@ Seeker,
If those 3 updates appear again for install, go ahead do so.
After that install, restart your computer.
Open Windows Update again, see if those 3 are back asking for install or not.

Ignore that suggestion of mine.
It won't work.
My apology.

My experience is, let Windows install them over and over again. No harm is done. It's a bit annoying, but comes the day when you get an update that kills this cycle. A mere glitch, it is.

Back