Windows Vista BSOD

ajfleck

Hi, I have recently been using Vista (RC2 Build 5744) pretty often on my main PC, it has actually been very good and hasn't given me any problems until recently. I just upgraded my computer (motherboard, RAM, video card and processor) and now Vista won't boot. It gives me a Blue Screen and tells me to try scanning for viruses and remove any newly installed hard drives. Also, it has the Stop Error: 0x0000007B. I did do a few googles of this and nothing came up to help me out. I have attempted to run the Vista Repair option on the install CD and have had no luck. Is there any way I can simply reinstall Vista without losing any of my data? Or am I going to have to do a complete format and fresh install of the OS? Thanks for you time.

U

Unregistered

because youre using a release candidate its hard to say. try to run the repair util by booting off the dvd

g6672D

He tried that and it didn't work.

Install Vista afresh on a secondary drive.
Access your primary from the secondary O/S.
Copy any required stuff to your new Vista drive.
Format the primary drive and put all the data there. Use it for that purpose.

And don't forget to back up! :)

I just hope they aren't encrypted for your sake.

U

Unregistered

Check Video Card

I had the same general trouble with a clean install of Vista Ultimate. My version is the RTM as a "tester" gift from MSFT. My video card--a Radeon X1650 Pro was defective. I would suggest trying another Video Card if it worked before. I am up and running fine with a comparable NVidia Card.