Windows 7 WIndows vista in Windows 7 - What happened to the ORB??

RBCC

I am trying to figure out what happened to the orb in the Windows Vista boot screen? Can I bring it back? Can I customize it with it my own images? When I try to customize the Windows 7 boot screen with my own images it reverts to the Windows vista boot screen, how do I get mine to work? I know that "MS doesn't support this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work." TU Utilities doesn't do this!

Thank you, John

Captain Jack

Extraordinary Member
Hello !!

There are lot of registry hacker and resource hacker etc which might work but a small mistake might screw the whole OS. The best method I found is here How to Change or Create Boot Screen in Windows using TuneUp Utilities - Tweaking with Vishal try this and see if it works. And for changing the Logon screen Log On Screen - Change - Windows 7 Forums[2]=Appearance%20Personalize

Hope this helps,
Captain

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Do you mean on your installation of Windows 7, the boot screen has defaulted back to the old vista "progress bar"?
This may help:
Fix and Restore Windows 7 Boot Screen That Changes to Vista Style

To add to the Captain's post, there is a variety of freeware tools designed to aid in the customization of the Windows bootscreen. I'd recommend BootSkin
Stardock.com - Your Edge In Software

Veegertx

Extraordinary Member
why a tool? you can change all them things yourself if you mod a couple dll's like imageres.dll and spwizimg.dll
look at my sig below, thats what I have for startup, shutdown screens cause I don't like the powder puff MS image screen

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.