Windows Vista Windows Vista Registry Error

akhekomee

Hello. I am new to this forum and am a novice Windows Vista user. I will like some help. I use a Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer laptop T2080 1.73Ghz I have been experiencing hangups and crashes on my system lately.

I installed RegCure thinkin it will clean my registry and make the PC faster. It actually deleted some registry items and some stuff i dont know what.still yet, the PC ran slow so I uninstaled it.Later on I found that Windows Media Center won't play music/video and Media PLayer wont open. When playing music on Media Center, it says A Necessary Component is not available. Please restart Windows Media Center.

I tried using System restore but when the system restarts, it says it was not successful as some files and settings could not be copied. I made the error of not backing up my registry as a newbie, I cant do it. What do i do as minutes ago the system flashed a blue screen abt some crash dump file and had to restart windows. I do not want to lose data on the system,Your assistance will e gratefully appreciated.

on the very first boot page, should be an f-11 to tap to restore the system files from the recovery folder.
you should be able to restore the system files from there, without losing data.
if this is the system restore you mention, than disregard my post

on the very first boot page, should be an f-11 to tap to restore the system files from the recovery folder.
you should be able to restore the system files from there, without losing data.
if this is the system restore you mention, than disregard my post

its not working

Was there an option to back up your registry settings with the reg. clean software? If so, you should try restoring it from a back up.​

Back
Top Bottom