Windows Vista Starts Up to Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by muddy9494, Mar 16, 2008.

1. muddy9494

muddy9494 New Member

Ok. I had my Acer Laptop since August and around december i got what i call the blue screen of death. Now, i went to hybernate it i think and i came back and it was freezing, so i restared and had the blue screen of death. Can i have some help on this?

Update: Im on something called StartUp Repair. If this is right, tell me so. Ill be monitoring my forum post.

2. muddy9494

muddy9494 New Member

I am doing system restore...... If this helps...

3. superbill

superbill New Member

Hi muddy9494

System Restore would certainly be my first move to return your rig to a point when it last operated o.k.
    A driver issue with your video card might also be worth checking.
    What are the specs. of your machine and have you installed any software & hardware recently?

4. muddy9494

muddy9494 New Member

Nothing is working. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant get any CD's on this computer to work to burn a recovery disk, and all this crap doesnt work. I couldnt of installed any thing recently as this gay thing came up. OMFG.
    I cant get system restore to even work. WTF.

5. muddy9494

muddy9494 New Member

Oh yea, and best buys geek squad says theres nothing they can do about it! I mean, thats retarted. They told me when i bought it, any problems, come and see us.

6. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Try installing the RC (release candidate) version of the service pack 1:
    Windows Vista Service Pack Download - Softpedia
    MS will be releasing the final version any day now and you can find it already if you look hard enough, I've just gave this link for ease. You can always uninstall this one and install the later version.
    The service pack does deal with problems associated with using Hibernate, good luck.

update: I've just read that the service pack will be released on Tuesday so it may be worth waiting till then.

7. 03hdfatboy

03hdfatboy Banned

You would be better off to do a fresh install of Vista and then install SP1

That's my two cents :D

8. kemical

Yup, thats well worth doing. :cool:

9. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

:) Hi!!!! There is a website address that has alot of useful information. The start-up and repair tool, access/enter motherboards for example: It is listed in the Internet as- Blue screen of death- Set-up and install. Maybe it's to late for this, but wasn't little gizmos like Reg-Cure supposed to fix the blue screen of death ? Isn't it because of memory dumps and registry errors ? Sincerely, Celestra

10. kemical

Usually but because it's happening when he's using hibernate things are slightly different. Problems due to vista and hibernation have been documented.