Windows 7 Windows will not boot even with clean install, Windows repairs fail, Repair disc wont work. HELP!!!

zaniac

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NW270F 15" laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit) Home Premium. 320 gb. Oh i'm also out of warranty.

Problem: Computer always freezes at the point where it says "starting windows" and stays frozen. I even left it for alone for 24 hrs and it stayed on that screen.

Things I've tried:
1. I used safe mode to repair windows = just restarted in normal mode and froze at "windows is starting"
2. Used safe mode to restore to earlier point = could not to restore message
3. Created repair disc from another Vaio win 64 = froze at "windows is starting"
4. Used registry clean and malware bytes in safe mode = malware bytes found nothing & reg clean did nothing
5. Fresh install of windows 7 = windows bar loaded then froze at "windows is starting"
6. Reformatted hard drive & performed fresh install = windows bar loaded 7 froze at same point
7. Bought new Western digital 320 gb SATA Hard drive & tried install of win 7= same results

The laptop doesn't have an OS now and as you can see, i don't care about the data, I just want this thing to work. I've been searching google and many forums for the past 3 weeks and I really don't know what else can be done. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

One question might be where did you get your install media?

Is your video setup just the laptop screen?

Can you disable onboard devices in the bios, like a camera if it has one?

If it isn't your install media, it might be some driver. Have you tried installing the 32 bit version of Windows 7. Since it is less demanding of drivers, it might work for testing.

Also, you can remove the Install Media during the first reboot. Perhaps that would help.

Back
Top Bottom