Windows 7 Windows will not boot, repair, or restore.

Myrtle

Hello all,

I have recently built a custom computer with these specs:
  • CPU: AMD FX-8150
  • CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
  • MB: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
  • GPU: EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 1280MB 448 Cores
  • SSD: Corsair Force 3 6.0Gb/s 60GB (C: Drive)
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 6.0Gb/s (E: Drive)
  • PSU: Rosewill HIVE 750W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze
  • Optical Drive: ASUS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
  • OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (installed in C: )
  • Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid

Up to this point, it has worked very well. Though, the last couple of shut-downs took a very long time (so long that I opted to shut it down via the power button, probably around 5 minutes), and it should be noted that it used to shutdown very fast. It would boot up just fine (other than "Start Windows Normally" thing, of course). This last time I shut it down, however, I decided to let it run it's course just out of curiosity. I came back awhile later to a BSOD saying something like "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" (or "_ERROR", I can't remember). I now regret the fact I didn't write down the "STOP" code, because Windows will not boot. When I turn on the computer, after the motherboard says "Loading Operating System", the normal Windows 7 splash shows up for a very brief time, before switching to "Windows is loading files" like it says when you boot from the CD. It then tries to do a Startup Repair, but to no avail. So, I then tried to do a System Restore, but it complains that there might be something wrong with the E: drive (the 1TB HDD). I continued with the restore, but it too did not help.

Anyone have any ideas what I should do? I didn't really have all that much software installed on it yet, so if all else fails, I could just wipe the SSD and re-install Windows.

Thanks in advance!
Myrtle

Back