Windows XP to Windows 7 Boot Loop!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by Jonathan Cruz, May 14, 2011.

1. Jonathan Cruz

Jonathan Cruz New Member

Ok so i was installing windows 7 and it gets through it 100% and it says "Welcome....." but in that process my computer restarts and goes into a bios screen loop. I wont get any further than that. I just let it keep doing the loop and eventually a window came up saying "Windows 7 recovered from critical error" and i select to boot in Windows 7. SO..... now its working and i install all the drivers and it works like a charm. Some drivers require a restart so i restarted my computer and AGAIN its doing the reboot loop! Whats going on? I already tried reinstalling windows, rolling back to an earlier image and nothing! I cant go back to Windows XP either as it has completely deleted it! :( So im stuck in Windows 7. I even ran that program that checks if your computer is compatible and everything was! EDIT: i tried putting vista and still the same!

#1 Jonathan Cruz, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Could you explain this a little more?

Maybe Win 7 removed the problem drivers and you put them back. Do you know which ones required a restart?

Can you get into safe mode with the F8 key during boot?

3. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Check your C:\Windows\Minidump folder, copy out, zip, and attach the .dmp files.

4. Jonathan Cruz

Jonathan Cruz New Member

No i cannot do f8. And it automatically installed the drivers. I did nothing. It was the audio driver and a few more i can unfortunately not remember.

5. Jonathan Cruz

Jonathan Cruz New Member

How do i do that if i cannot access the desktop?

6. cybercore

cybercore New Member

I took it you could boot to safe mode. Of course you could try doing it from KNOPPIX, but actually can you clarify, can you reinstall Windows 7 now?
    Does it boot in safe mode?