Windows 7 Windows XP to Windows 7 Boot Loop!

Jonathan Cruz

Ok so i was installing windows 7 and it gets through it 100% and it says "Welcome....." but in that process my computer restarts and goes into a bios screen loop. I wont get any further than that. I just let it keep doing the loop and eventually a window came up saying "Windows 7 recovered from critical error" and i select to boot in Windows 7. SO..... now its working and i install all the drivers and it works like a charm. Some drivers require a restart so i restarted my computer and AGAIN its doing the reboot loop! Whats going on? I already tried reinstalling windows, rolling back to an earlier image and nothing! I cant go back to Windows XP either as it has completely deleted it! :( So im stuck in Windows 7. I even ran that program that checks if your computer is compatible and everything was! EDIT: i tried putting vista and still the same!

Last edited:
Some drivers require a restart
Could you explain this a little more?

Maybe Win 7 removed the problem drivers and you put them back. Do you know which ones required a restart?

Can you get into safe mode with the F8 key during boot?

Could you explain this a little more?

Maybe Win 7 removed the problem drivers and you put them back. Do you know which ones required a restart?

Can you get into safe mode with the F8 key during boot?
No i cannot do f8. And it automatically installed the drivers. I did nothing. It was the audio driver and a few more i can unfortunately not remember.

How do i do that if i cannot access the desktop?

Jonathan Cruz said:
SO..... now its working and i install all the drivers and it works like a charm. Some drivers require a restart so i restarted my computer and AGAIN its doing the reboot loop! Whats going on?
So im stuck in Windows 7. I even ran that program that checks if your computer is compatible and everything was!

I took it you could boot to safe mode. Of course you could try doing it from KNOPPIX, but actually can you clarify, can you reinstall Windows 7 now?
Does it boot in safe mode?

Back