Windows 7 Windows7 Hardlock

faine

Windows 7 is hard locking on me when I open any application that utilizes directX. I've formatted and reinstalled Windows 7. This fixed the problem, until I restarted my computer and it started doing it all over again. All drivers are up to date, everything was working fine, then all of a sudden it just stopped working. I've tried with SLi on and off, still the same result. Not sure what the issue is. Event viewer has nothing in it except that I shut down the PC without utilizing the shut down process.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2653 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 11/25/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 12.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.1 GB
Page File Space 0 bytes
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX285 (x2)

Is your DirectX up-to-date ?

Have you tried different driver versions, could this be a SLI-specific driver problem ?

I've had the same issue for months and still haven't figured out the cause. I've recently formatted my system and installed the latest drivers for every single component and so far this seems to have solved the issue (knock on wood). So I recommend you try the same thing and install your most up to date drivers one at a time until you figure out which one is the offending package. I hope this helps and good luck!

Back