Windows 7 WindowsFormsApplication1

darencasey

I have an application, ATC9K, (helmet camera stuff), that won't finish loading. Long story short, I did a clean install of Win7 back in Feb. I bought the helm cam, installed the application, connected it to import files and all was well. I didn't use the camera for a couple of months, (hard winter and it's for mountain biking). I finally did some recording and when I tried starting the app, it just 'hangs'. If i hover over the app on the task bar, I see the login form that I should get but it never gets there on the screen. I've tried uninstalling my anti-everything, do-redo updates from the date of the error, (around 2-13, i think). uninstall the software and quicktime, (required for the app). Below is the details on the error message from the Action Center and there's an image of where it 'hangs'. I also contacted the company..well, you see that I'm posting and praying here now....
TIA,
Daren

below is the actual error message from the action center. I never receive an error when it hangs, just sits there!

======================================
Source
WindowsFormsApplication1

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2/‎13/‎2011 5:27 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\ATC9K\ACT9K.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ACT9K.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d48bb69
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdaae
Exception Code: c0020001
Exception Offset: 00009617
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 2301096354

Attachments

• startup form.jpg
    startup form.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 501
Hi

I don't know what the problem is but exactly but if uninstalling it and reinstalling it doesn't help try and do it in another location instead to of the default one.

This will often make the computer see it as a new software program and not pick up data from the previous install. For example C:\Atk.

I've had problems recently with Apple Quicktime updates, I had to use a utility from Microsoft to uninstall it, before I could get it to upgrade.

What does this software do?
If it just imports and edits the video there may be another way.

What format is it in?
I.E. AVI, WMP, MPG, MOV, etc.

Does your camera show up in Windows Explorer so that the files can be accessed directly?

Windows Media Player will open pretty much anything anymore.

Windows Movie Maker will let you edit the stuff for free.

Maybe someone else will actually know what the error message means but it beats me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but your problem seems to be very uncommon, I couldn't find anyone else reporting the same error.

Mike

Back