Windows 7 Winload.exe not loading.

wecwec

Systems boots to a screen that says something like $windows.~bt\windows\system32\winload.exe

then suggests it is missing and i install win 7(32) disk and run repair.

Repair does not find any errors.

If i click on continue at body of welcome screen, computer goes to a new screen and gives me an option to run windows vista, i run that, and computer boots into windows 7, and seems to run fine.

This was an upgrade from vista

what is wrong, why do i get this screen, and how do i correct the problem?

I would say your BCD store is messsed up. Try starting an administrative command prompt and type bcdedit. Then take a snipping tool capture if it an post as an attachment. If any personal information is included, use the pencil tool to cover it up.

A startup repair should find the error.

Systems boots to a screen that says something like $windows.~bt\windows\system32\winload.exe

then suggests it is missing and i install win 7(32) disk and run repair.

Repair does not find any errors.

If i click on continue at body of welcome screen, computer goes to a new screen and gives me an option to run windows vista, i run that, and computer boots into windows 7, and seems to run fine.

This was an upgrade from vista

what is wrong, why do i get this screen, and how do i correct the problem?

I could be wrong but when you upgrade from Vista I don't think there is an option to go back to it.

It appears your upgrade was not successful?

Do you have your important files backed up? If so, you probably need to do a clean/custom install.

Yes, an upgrade is not recommended, but I think you have a virus.

I'd suggest a complete virus scan.

Back