Windows 7 Winlogon

markdyer72

hi new here, have installed windows 7 home prem 64 bit on my desktop and have no problems what so ever, i am awaiting another disc (64 bit upgrade to win 7 pro) for my laptop and to save time i have installed my full version win 7 home prem but not activated it on my laptop but now when i shut down the winlogon page flashes for a second or so, also i had a problem with coprocessor but that seems to have sorted itself now, just wondering if theres anything i canm do about the winlogon flashing as i shut down my laptop....(64 bit btw)

thanks in advance for any information

Mark

Most all of us agree the upgrade route is not the way to go.

A "clean" install is the preferred method.

An upgrade leaves hundreds of leftover files on your system and cause conflicts.

Most all of us agree the upgrade route is not the way to go.

A "clean" install is the preferred method.

An upgrade leaves hundreds of leftover files on your system and cause conflicts.

but thats the thing this is a 100% clean install on a 100% brand new HDD, i am awaiting the upgrade version as i know u can do a full clean install even from an upgrade dvd, i have already installed the FULL version ov windows 7 but not activated it, (as i have that copy activated on my desktop) and when i get the upgrade dvd i just do a custom install....

itys just the darned winlogon screen flashes up when shut down.... like said its not a problem as such more annoying than anythin

cheers
Mark

Hello mark,

I'm confused as to how installing the Windows 7 on the laptop will save time before you get the new disk

Hello mark,

I'm confused as to how installing the Windows 7 on the laptop will save time before you get the new disk

Well according to my windows Secrets newsletters u can do a full clean install off an upgrade disc but to do so u basically just install it twice so while I awaiting my upgrade disc I decided to use my full version to get started plus to double check would take 64 bit version windows 7,

Not to be rude,, but it doesn't make sense to me.

You'll find better information on this forum that you'll find in any book.

Well according to my windows Secrets newsletters u can do a full clean install off an upgrade disc but to do so u basically just install it twice so while I awaiting my upgrade disc I decided to use my full version to get started plus to double check would take 64 bit version windows 7,

Just go to my last few blogs and download the FULL iso direct from microsoft.... delete ei.cfg from the iso before you burn it... boot to dvd, select the verision you have a key for. when it asks for your key just put it in.. no tweaking registry, running rearm or rebooting.

Just go to my last few blogs and download the FULL iso direct from microsoft.... delete ei.cfg from the iso before you burn it... boot to dvd, select the verision you have a key for. when it asks for your key just put it in.. no tweaking registry, running rearm or rebooting.

but i already OWN the full retail version of home premium complete with key ov course lol, but i have that installed here on my desktop, so i cannot activate that on my laptop until i receive my upgrade disc.....

and to do a full, clean install from an upgrade disc it basically consists ov installing the OS twice, u install it once without activation and then again doing a custom install and then u get a full clean install on a blank unused HDD from an upgrade disc....which ov course is far cheaper than a full version, mind sayin that i only paid £27.97 for my full version home prem...

so if any1 has any help in y the winlogon screen flashes up when i shut down or restart i b glad ov the assistance....

and to do a full, clean install from an upgrade disc it basically consists ov installing the OS twice, u install it once without activation and then again doing a custom install

Nope.. just install it and press enter at the keycode prompt and enjoy for 30 days.. when you get your key you don't have to reinstall.. just type "act" and activate windos.

You may have to do the registry tweak if you didn't delete ie.cfg from your iso... but you don't have to reinstall.

well i think i resolved my issue i just did a system restore right back to when i installed it and when it gave me allthe updates i installed the nVidea graphics one solely on its own as when it tried updating the first time installed win 7 it failed many many times, and so far so good its shutting down properly.....now all i have to do is await my disc and can activate it :D

ignore last post it didnt resolve my problem, but have since resolved it by going into msconfig and in services tab have disabled the nvidea display driver service and it shuts down properly now, am i right in assuming that cos everything so far seems to b working fine i am ok to leave that disabled....

ps my laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6231eu

ignore last post it didnt resolve my problem, but have since resolved it by going into msconfig and in services tab have disabled the nvidea display driver service and it shuts down properly now, am i right in assuming that cos everything so far seems to b working fine i am ok to leave that disabled....

ps my laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6231eu

My last blog has about 30 of those services you can disable under Msconfig.. they are not needed, cause problems and when disabled it reduces the overhead and frees system resources to give attention to the applications YOU want to run.. Desctiptions are provided so you can know what you are doing with each one.

Yes, tblount is right about the services.

many services are not needed and startup with your computer every time is starts.

I', not positive, but if you go to Start > Run, and type services.msc, it may give you a better description as to what each one does.

There are also sites on the Internet when you can type in Disable Services and see a good listing,

However, I don't rely on these because they seem to take out too many services which could cause problems with your network or Internet connectivity.

Back