Windows 8 Winsock Error

prashp1

Hello. I am getting winsock error 10060 the connection timed out when using Wi-Fi connecting with just one of the sites. I pinged and it's fine too. When using wired connection it works fine.

I am not the networking guru around here, but you might try resetting the winsock using an Command Prompt and type the following. I don't think it needs an Administrative command prompt, but if it won't run, us that version of the Command Prompt.

netsh winsock reset

I will tell you to reboot your system after the command completes.

I am not the networking guru around here, but you might try resetting the winsock using an Command Prompt and type the following. I don't think it needs an Administrative command prompt, but if it won't run, us that version of the Command Prompt.

netsh winsock reset

I will tell you to reboot your system after the command completes.

I tried this and it did not work. Still the same error message.

Hi Prashp1:

Saltgrass gave you what I like to call one of the "magic beans" solutions. That works in many cases, and appears to be magic when it fixes it! Unfortunately you may have some other issues with your networking. It would help us to help you identify and resolve the problem if you woudn't mind posting your computer specs here. Is it a Desktop or a Laptop? Make and Model, CPU, RAM memory and type, Hard Drive make/model/capacity used; etc. If you don't have that at hand, I suggest you Google the SPECCY program, and download/install/run AND zip up the results back here when you're all done so we can better assist you.

Did your computer come with Windows8 installed? Or did you upgrade it from an earlier version of Windows such as Win7 or Win Vista?? If so, it could very easily be a driver issue with your internal Wireless card (WLAN) driver. If you did upgrade, did you go the computer manufacturer's website and download/install the latest driver for that WLAN card?

Looking forward to seeing your information.

BIGBEARJEDI

Back
Top Bottom