Windows 7 WinZip Driver File can’t run.

silverman

Honorable Member
I have just built a new computer (desk top PC) and am using Windows 7 (Home Premium edition – service pack1). My new computer has the same setup as my older one, obviously the latest one is a higher spec.

I have run into a problem with installing my printer driver, although its working with the default driver installed by windows it is not the latest driver that was issued in Feb 2009 that I have been using on my old computer. I have found the required driver on a CD that was possibly created by me when I was running windows XP. It’s a WinZip file (epson322530eu.exe). When I double click on it I get an error message:-

This self-extracting Zip files was created by a registered user of WinZipSelf-Extractor 2.2 (4003)

WinZipComputing, Inc, (www.winzip.com)

Is it possible that WinZip files can’t be opened on my new build computer because of the age of the WinZip file? I don’t seem to have a WinZip programme on either computer so I don’t know how I installed it before. (possible about three years ago)

Any suggestions

I would rather get a new[er] version. Older CDs and DVDs may have some compatibility problems, although my experiences are that you can't see the data at all.

But you could try right clicking the file, choosing Properties\Security, and make sure you have the necessary rights.

The problem is my old computer is running Version 6.61 and works fine, my new computer has version 6.50 and this is an older version than I am currently using. I have done searches on the web, but can't find any sites showing a download that will give me the later version. As I said I have tried to tried without any success loading the file I have on a CD. Unless I can get both my computers on the same printer driver 6.61 I can export and import all my settings. Epson have not replied to any of my requests for help.

Why not download WinZip Link Removed - Invalid URL? If = hopefully when you get it unzipped, you can unistall WinZip. Also, You could give 7Zip a try, Download

Sometimes one program is unable to unzip, while another can do the process. I've had countless occasions of it. Best of luck.

Btw, which printer do you have?

Last edited:
I have finally sorted the problem.My printer is an Epson 3800, and the driver version I have been using for a fewyears on my old computer is version 6.61 and is a 64Bit this has been workingfine. However it seems that I had installed the wrong version on my new PC it's6.61 version but and most import it's the 64Bit version not the one Idownloaded the 32Bit that’s also ver4sion 6.61.

If anyone gets this problem ensure that you use File ID 324654 as this is the64Bit version (also version 6.61). Once I downloaded it, it removed the oldversion and re-installed the correct one.

Thanks for the all the suggestions,it obviously was not a Zip problems in the end.

Back